Saturday, July 27, 2024

A Night Out

 The night after we got home from New York I attended the NKOTB concert with my ladies. Whenever the New Kids are in town we make sure we get good seats to attend and this year was no different. Thanks to Jessica, and her concert ticket skills, we ended up in first row and the Meet and Greet with a backstage tour. I mean, this was my dream when I was 10 years old. I would love to go back to my childhood and tell myself that I will get to meet my crush in about 34 years. It's not that long of a wait. 

I do want to share that the concert was held in the outdoor pavilion on a day when it was 116 degrees out. It was insanely hot. I hat to start hydrating for this concert the day before. To prepare for the concert I drank Liquid IVs and ate bananas. I did not want to be that person who passes out due to the excessive heat. This plan worked, but almost too well. Once the sun went down I ended up having to use the bathroom every 30 minutes. Plus, I was wearing a jumper that was hard to get off and on. 

We arrived for the check-in at the hottest time of the day. On the drive over I was questioning my life choices to purchase tickets to the concert, that is outside, IN JULY. Once we arrived and I got to see the giant fanbase of crazy middle-aged women it was all worth it. The crowd was something else. That is all I can say because you really had to be there to see it.

Once we checked in we got funneled to a waiting area that had shade and they were handing out waters. We waited here for a bit and then got our backstage tour. The tour wasn't much and it's quick, but while backstage we got to walk right in front of the New Kids and take a super quick selfie as we walked by.



Once the tour was over we were funneled back outside in the heat to sweat. Eventually, we got our meet and greet photos. We hugged, exchanged a few words and then took our photo. 



As they were heading back inside from the Meet and Greet they were all commenting on the heat. They were definitely struggling with the Phoenix heat.





After the meet and greet we found a picnic table in the shade where we hung out for a couple of hours until the concert started. Once the sun went down it wasn't too bad. We did witness a handful of people get wheel chaired out due to passing out from the heat. These people did not prepare like I did.

It was concert time and front row did not disappoint. It definitely was not as hot as I thought front row was going to be. Front row did not disappoint and I thoroughly enjoyed every second of the experience. 











I got another selfie with Jordan as he walked by performing. This was my childhood crush.



It was an extremely hot day and the experience started with 116 degree heat and ended the night at 102...at 11pm. It was HOT, but it was also an amazing time. I have to give all the kudos to Jessica who got the fantastic tickets and coordinated the whole evening. She is truly a rockstar when it comes to getting tickets! 

Until next time NKOTB comes to Phoenix, but hopefully they will perform indoors because 116 degrees was insane.




No comments: