Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Fall Break: Part II

 One day we did a small boat and snorkeling tour. There were two people to a boat and then you drove the boat over to a shipwreck for snorkeling. Due to our family having three people we put Andy and Max together and another guide drove my tiny boat for me so I could sit back and enjoy the scenery. It truly was a beautiful boat ride that took about 45 minutes. Plus my driver was telling me about the island and what I was seeing.




Once out to the shipwreck we all hopped into the water and snorkeled. 



It wasn't great snorkeling. I saw a lot of basic fish and the typical bright blue fish and the yellow and black striped fish but nothing captured on my camera. 







We enjoyed some fruit and then drove the boats back to the beach where we started.



Another day at the beach.


Max participated in the tie-dye activity the resort held. He ended up with a pretty funky looking tie-dye t-shirt.



View from our balcony as the sun was setting.



We headed to the beach for some fun photos before dinner.








Another dinner at a local joint and here was the view from where I was sitting.



Max and I both got lobster and his was better than mine. This was the only disappointing lobster I had on the island all week because mine was chewy so it was obviously cooked too long.



It rained hard while we were at dinner so that just made the humidity so much worse. That's the theme of the week: humid!

No comments: